Alpha Lipoic Acid is a powerful antioxidant recognized for its many benefits including better health, beauty, and weight loss. ALA is found in every cell of your body and is produced in your cells. However, things like stress, disease, medication, toxins and aging can lead to reduced levels of Alpha Lipoic Acid.
ALA is special as other antioxidants are soluble only in water (like Vitamin C) or only in fat (like Vitamin E), limiting how your body can store and use them.
ALA is classified as a phospholipid, meaning it is both water and fat-soluble and can work in all the tissues of your body, earning itself the reputation of “universal antioxidant”.
ALA is also unique because it helps your body restore or regenerate levels of Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Glutathione, the mother of all antioxidants
Research shows that ALA can help control obesity in on or more of the following ways:
- Blocking the abortion of fat and/or glucose (similar to Orlistat, a weight-loss drug that reduces fat absorption).
- Stimulating the production of body heat.
- Suppressing appetite (similar to sibutramine, a weight-loss drug).
- Inhibiting visceral belly fat, which promotes metabolic functions and further weight gain.
- Promotes healthier skin by helping reduce puffiness, dark circles and the appearance of pores.
- Promote normal thyroid levels an can even mitigate the effects of hormone-induced weight.
- Decreasing insulin resistance (belly fat) and boosting energy levels.
- Reduces inflammation which can also help with fitness recovery.
We offer Alpha Lipoic Acid Infusions as one of our Weight Loss Programs. Most generally patients will do a total of 12 infusions, 3 times weekly for 4 weeks. We feel that this is the most successful number of treatments needed for ultimate results. Of course, we offer other package such as 8 total, 2 times weekly for 4 weeks.
People often ask, “why not just take ALA supplements”. Oral ALA can’t deliver the same dosage of lipoic acid as effectively as IV therapy because the digestive system slows and limits absorption. IV lipoic acid deliver essential fluids, vitamins and other beneficial ingredients directly to your bloodstream to ensure full absorption.
Patients have seen anywhere between a 15 to 25-pound weight loss while maintaining health eating habits and mild exercise.
“I have been dieting for over a year but found myself unable to lose the last 20 pounds no matter how hard I tried. With the Alpha Lipoic Acid, I saw those pounds just meltaway. It was amazing and I had such great energy during them! I wish I had heard of this treatment a long time ago”.
-Alice age 38